It’s a two man show as co-hosts Sean C. Stacey (Unfiction, Despoiler) and Jonathan Waite (ARGNet) welcome special guests Denny Vaccaro and Jake Sapir from the Providence Radio show to the discussion. On the table this week: Eldritch Errors and SXSW.
News Items of the past two weeks
- You Suck at Photoshop — it’s not just a catch phrase, it’s an ARG! The viral video series we talked about on episode 48 has continued to gain momentum with another video in the series and, of all things, a connection to a World of Warcraft player. If you want to get in on this one before it gets entirely too weird, check out the thread at the Unfiction forums, or search for the videos on YouTube.
- Rebecca and Martin McDowell are missing, and you should care because they seem to be two characters in a new game at locatemyfriends.co.uk. Players at unfiction were emailed, so it’s pretty clear that this is a work of fiction and not some sick, twisted social experiment gone awry.
- New and noteworthy discussion items that have popped up over the last little while include The Conspiracy 08, Ketsui Chan, Limpotrade and The Gate Reaction. Add these to ongoing games Eldritch Errors, 48 Hours in Purgatory, Trinstod, Project Ophiuchus, the Gardner Project and Tom Tooman, and you’ll agree that the ARG genre is overflowing with good, quality projects to get involved in.
- A thoughtful puppetmaster was kind enough to send ARGNet a nifty wooden package containing a note and a punch card, which seems to be coinciding with magazine advertisements in German magazines. The game leads to vanvelsenmeer.org, and in-depth coverage can be found at patmo.de, our German-language friends in the ARG news business.
- World Without Oil has been nominated for a prestigious SXSW Web Award, to be given out at the SXSW Interactive festival in less than a month’s time. We wish to congratulate the crew behind the socially conscious experience, many of who joined us for episode 27 of the Netcast series.
- Finally, Brandie Minchew has reported at ARGNet about the development of a new radio show at Grinell College in the great state of Iowa, USA. The hour-long weekly show focuses on Eldritch Errors and can be heard around the world through their Internet stream. Show hosts Denny Vaccaro and Jake Sapir join us today to discuss their show and the goings-on with EE.
(1) EE/Providence radio show — we talk with Denny & Jake about what it takes to start a radio show, how they prepare for the weekly broadcast, what kinds of listeners they are hearing back from, and what’s happening with Ms. St. Feline and the folks at Sentry Outpost.
(2) SXSW – it ain’t just a four letter, um, word. The festival kicks off in three weeks, and we dish on the people you must see if you plan on attending.
Subscribe to the ARG Netcast feed through this link or via iTunes. Contact us at our special netcast email address, email@example.com with your tips, suggestions, concerns and submissions. Call us on the ARGNet voicemail at 630-274-5425.